Saturday 7 November 2015

Point 12 What I need to include in my film and opening sequence to match the genre.

In order to make my piece of film convincing as an independent music film I will need to make sure that the opening sequence matches the genre. After watching the beginning of the independent music film, "Begin Again" I began to understand what traits I will need to include. The opening sequence must use natural or warm yellow light to create a chilled and realistic atmosphere. The characters must be dressed in normal clothing that isn't too fancy. It must reflect how they are only beginning their journey into the music industry. Within most independent films there also seems to be a love interest and I believe this will help to define my genre. The music must be good and represent the mood of the film at that point in time. As the pace builds up so must the music. For example in the start of "Begin Again" the music begins to speed up and increase when the characters names begin to scroll across the screen and the first opening minutes have already been established. Due to the fact that the genre is about music it is important that the soundtrack is very strong. The opening sequence must also include minimal talking and more actions as the credits are presented on the screen. It also allows the scene to be set and the story to begin being unfolded.




No comments:

Post a Comment